Émission de L'Autre Monde du 4 décembre 2008: La politique à gogo et le terrorisme économique
Pour écouter, simplement cliquer sur le lien ici:
L'Autre Monde 4 décembre 2008
60 min / Radio de l'UQAM, CHOQ FM
Pour télécharger, faite un clique droit puis “enregistrer la cible sous…
Cette semaine sur L'Autre Monde:
- On se pose des questions à savoir ce qui se passe avec les élections au Québec, le cirque à Ottawa et de la hausse de plus de 10% de la dette nationale sans personne ne soit consulté. La nomination de Hillary Clinton par Obama est aussi remise en question sur L'Autre Monde.
- Les attaques à Mumbai - l'autre facette de l'histoire que les grands médias ne vous rapportent pas. Nous allons en profiter pour faire le tour de la situation avec le Pakistan et le siège médiéval que Israël impose sur les Palestiniens de la bande de Gaza qui se résulte en crise humanitaire sérieuse. Nous y reviendrons la semaine prochaine plus en détail.
Soyez au rendez-vous le jeudi à 11h sur les ondes de CHOQ FM!
| Diffusion en direct : Jeudi à 11:00h |
***Hyperliens vers les sources des informations discutées sur l'émission d'aujourd'hui:
As Crisis Mounts, Ecuador Declares Foreign Debt Illegitimate and Illegal
Amidst the spreading global financial crisis, a special debt audit commission released a report charging that much of
Politics surely makes for strange bedfellows. President-elect Barack Obama will officially announce on Monday his choice of New York Senator Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State, a position that will make her the nation's, and the world's, top diplomat. It's an appointment that for some comes as no surprise, as some sort of Obama/Clinton marriage always seemed inevitable. But to others, this decision is sure to be truly unfathomable.
No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.
Essentially, you cannot take a job if the salary was increased during your current congressional term. And the salary for cabinet officials has gone up in the past year. Even if it is lowered back down, constitutional scholars say that may not be enough to fix the problem.
The question is whether this would be an issue at confirmation - if
But the moment Obama makes the nomination, he violates the Constitution.
This is the story that nobody dares touch.
Despite having reported the discovery of Dr. Haut's signed report confirming the existence of a second wound to Vincent Foster's neck, radio host Rush Limbaugh to this very day refers to Vincent Foster's death as a suicide.
Even Matt Drudge, when presented with the FBI records proving that the FBI fraudulently manufactured Lisa Foster's recognition of the gun found at Fort Marcy Park, refused to get involved, opting instead for a story accusing Sidney Blumenthal of domestic violence (for which Drudge was then sued).
Relinked in light of Hillary Clinton's nomination for Secretary of State.
ALLEGATIONS OF CONNECTIONS BETWEEN CIA
AND THE CONTRAS IN COCAINE TRAFFICKING
TO THE UNITED STATES (1)
What were CIA's legal and regulatory responsibilities during the Contra program regarding the reporting of potential drug trafficking crimes?
What policies and guidelines governed CIA's contacts during the Contra program with persons and organizations alleged to be involved in drug trafficking?
What do CIA Headquarters and field personnel recall regarding alleged drug trafficking by the Contras?
What drug trafficking allegations was CIA aware of, and when, involving Contra organizations? How did CIA respond to this information, and how was this information shared with other U.S. Government entities? 15th of September Legion--Justiniano Perez/Manuel Porro/Juan Francisco Rivera/Hugo Villagra/Fernando Brautigan/Felix Alcides Espinoza/Edwin Hoocker
What drug trafficking allegations was CIA aware of, and when, involving Southern Front Contras? How did CIA respond to this information, and how was this information shared with other U.S. Government entities?
The Southern Front Trafficking Reports
Adolfo Jose Chamorro
Roberto Jose Chamorro
Marcos Antonio Aguado
Edmundo Jose Chamorro
Fernando Jose Chamorro
Carlos Alberto Amador
Jose Orlando Bolanos
What drug trafficking allegations was CIA aware of, and when, involving Northern Front Contras? How did CIA respond to this information, and how was this information shared with other U.S. Government entities?
Mario Jose Calero
Juan Ramon Rivas
Arnoldo Jose Arana
Jose Francisco Cardenal/Bergman Arguello/Eduard Jose Sacasa-Urouyo/Rolando Murillo/Juan Savala (or Zavala)/Renato Pena/Roger J. Ramiro
What drug trafficking allegations was CIA aware of, and when, involving other individuals supporting the Contra program? How did CIA respond to this information, and how was this information shared with other U.S. Government entities?
A CIA Independent Contractor
A Second CIA Independent Contractor
A Third CIA Independent Contractor
John Floyd Hull
PILOTS, COMPANIES, AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR COMPANIES USED TO SUPPORT THE CONTRA PROGRAM
What drug trafficking allegations was CIA aware of, and when, involving pilots and companies supporting the Contra program? How did CIA respond to this information, and how was this information shared with other U.S. Government entities?
Frigorificos De Puntarenas/Ocean Hunter
Allegations Involving Other Companies Associated With the Contras
Southern Air Transport
Allegations Involving Air Crew Members of Companies that Provided Services to the Contras Under Contract or Subcontract with CIA
What was the nature and extent of CIA's knowledge of allegations of Contra drug trafficking at the Ilopango Air Base?
To what extent did CIA disseminate "finished intelligence products" that included information about drug trafficking on the part of individuals, organizations, and independent contractors associated with the Contras?
To what extent did CIA share information with Congress regarding allegations of drug trafficking on the part of individuals, organizations, and independent contractors associated with the Contras?
February 11, 1982 Letter to DCI William Casey from Attorney General William French Smith regarding DoJ-CIA Memorandum of Understanding
February 8, 1985 DoJ Memorandum to Mark Richard from A. R. Cinquegrana, "CIA Reporting of Drug Offenses"
Even more perplexing is that while Israel is facing the worst crisis facing its existence since its establishment by the United Nations in 1948 it is, nevertheless, celebrating the record number of Jews elected to the US Congress where they now control over 10 percent of a government in a Nation where they comprise only 3 percent of the population and where next week President Bush will meet with Prime Minister Olmert to plan their military attacks upon Iran
Please see attached important appeal letter for people of
Karen AbuZayd, commissioner-general of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), said the human toll of this month's sealing of
Memo to UNRWA Commissioner-General Abuzayd: what you are seeing on the ground in
Gazan Palestinians are, Commissioner-General, literally being "softened up" by malnutrition for "the kill'; and by that, I mean that they are being starved so they cannot resist a massive Israeli invasion which will leave no Palestinian standing, if Israel thinks they can get away with it.
Make no mistake: this siege, and the outcomes
And this impending invasion of
This virtually guarantees that many of the medically fragile in Gazan hospitals will die.
Israeli war minister Ehud Barak decided late Monday to retain the
Look for water-borne diseases like cholera to start running rampant through the Gazan population.
Of course, the Israeli government understands precisely that this will be the outcome without chlorine to purify the water.
Knowing this outcome, and doing nothing to prevent it, means that the Israeli government wants this to happen.
Dr. Hussein Ashour, head of the Al Shifa medical center in
Ashour added that the Oxygen Department, the Heart Unit, Physical Therapy Unit and the main laboratory completely stopped functioning as they lack fundamental equipment and tools.
Virtually no food, medicine or other vital supplies have been allowed in to the territory that is home to 1.5 million people. The impact of the siege is most directly observed in
Dr. Zaki Azzaq Zouq, an oncologist, explained, "There is a widespread shortage of essential medicines which we used to give to patients prior to the blockade. Currently, there are no tools for physicians to treat patients who suffer from lung, stomach, colon or brain cancers."
So much for the Israeli government's much-vaunted lie about not wanting to create a humanitarian crisis in
Karen AbuZayd, commissioner-general for the U.N.'s Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), which supports Palestinian refugees, warned that a humanitarian "catastrophe" loomed if Israel continued to prevent aid from reaching Gaza.
Memo to Ms. AbuZayd: my dear lady, don't you get it? This is precisely the outcome
The siege, and lack of necessities, is not an accident, but a very carefully thought out strategy to achieve very specific outcomes.
These include death for medically fragile Gazans who are denied treatment outside of
death by water-born diseases, like cholera, because the water pumping and filtration units won't work, and severe malnutrition in children.
Ms. Abu Zayd, there is absolutely nothing accidental in what the Israelis are doing here. They know precisely what will happen as the siege continues, and that is what they want to see continue to happen.
The direful situation of
Let us hope that the Palestinian people remember Gandhi's edict to his followers: no violence, even if violence is done to you.
Many of Gandhi's followers were beaten and shot by the British.
And let us also hope that the governmental and military infrastructure of
It will be caught on camera, no matter what
Fadiya Al-Zaher, 55, was supposed to return last Thursday to her house following routine kidney dialysis at
Amin was running up and down the corridor leading to her room, not knowing what to do. His sister, Tahani, suggested that they take their mother to another hospital in
Fadiya's story illustrates the fate awaiting hundreds of people diagnosed with chronic illnesses in
Khalil Al-Koreimah, 59, nearly died in similar circumstances. An asthma patient, Khalil keeps an electrically operated oxygen pump at home that he uses in emergencies. When Khalil needed to use the pump recently, there was no electricity in the entire neighbourhood.
Imagine, for one moment, that this woman was your mom, your auntie, your cousin, a dear friend of the family.
Imagine your knowing that her death was completely preventable at that moment: it was a matter of failed power to the generator which made her dialysis machine work.
Imagine understanding that her death was part of
Israeli boats have obstructed the path of a Libyan cargo ship en route to the Gaza Strip.
The ship was said to be carrying about 3,000 tonnes of goods for residents of the Strip in defiance of an Israeli sea and land blockade of the territory.
Monday's scheduled docking was the first attempt by a foreign government to break the blockade.
Where is the outrage?
If this were Muslims starving Jews slowly to death, the howls and screams of anger would be deafening!
Why is it seemingly okay for
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad held talks with two French envoys on Sunday and urged
Every nation on Earth reacted with horror at the Mumbai attacks, 9-11,
Yet for some reason,
Upon what meat doth this our
One has to wonder how long the borders will stay open this time.
But this gesture demonstrates that Israel recognizes that what they are doing, regarding humanitarian aid and not allowing reporters in Gaza, is getting noticed with a great deal of alarm internationally.
On the day that Americans turned out in near record numbers to vote, another record was being set halfway around the world. In
American planes have, in fact, taken out two brides in the past seven months. And don't try to bury your dead or mark their deaths ceremonially either, because funerals have been hit as well.
Here's the scene that got ABC fined $1.43 million by the FCC. It's
from NYPD Blue five years ago. The scene, which the FCC branded
'indecent,' has been posted on the Internet and has become a viral
So, our national morality is that it is okay to bomb women (and children) in
Is this a screwed-up nation or what?
I would prefer it the other way around.
A pre-dawn missile strike by a
Aerial strikes guarantee two things, and two things only; the killing of a lot of innocent civilians (and I would almost be willing to bet real money that the strike killed far more people than reported here), and the radicalization of those left standing even further against the government.
One almost has to wonder if the US is hell-bent on creating the level of destabilisation necessary to make conditions ripe for another bloodless coup, a
Civilian deaths remain a problem, Zardari said. "If the damage is women and children, then the sensitivity of its effect increases," he said. The
Was this part of the deal for the IMF loan to
Pakistan temporarily suspended oil tankers and trucks with sealed containers from using a key passage into Afghanistan, an official said Sunday, a move that will likely impact supplies heading to U.S. and NATO troops.
The suspension came just days after a band of militants hijacked around a dozen trucks whose load included Humvees and other supplies headed to the foreign forces in
One has to wonder if the ambush is the "real reason" for the suspension of truck deliveries, or if Pakistan is sending a message to the US and NATO that they do have a way of making life more difficult for US and NATO troops in retaliation for the strikes inside their territories.
At the weekly Cabinet meeting, Olmert said he had ordered security chiefs to draw up action plans against Hamas' 17-month-old rule in
So this is really what the siege of
This is the classic Israeli pattern. Kill Palestinians, and when there is a response, claim that the response is the initiating cause and "retaliate."
Israeli tanks forged into the southern Gaza Strip on Tuesday, drawing rocket and mortar fire from Palestinian militants, militant groups said, intensifying violence that has chipped away at a tenuous cease-fire.
The media is going to feed you a load about how this is all because of rockets fired into
Al Khodary stated in a press conference in
The power shortage would also disrupt critical water and sanitation services, this endangering the health and life of the residents.
The term "collective punishment" is becoming increasingly more synonymous with the name of the country "
Hospitals and medical centers non-functional? Looks like those in political power in
Collective punishment is a war crime.
The United Nations will suspend its food distribution to half of
In future dictionaries, when the entry "
ISRAELI foreign minister Tzipi Livni has told her visiting British counterpart David Miliband she expects the international community to support the Jewish state's tough stand in
Memo to FM Tzipi Livni: this time, the world will not be turning a blind eye to the devastation
It is apparent that you haven't taken a look at the Red Cross Report, issued last week, about the effects of malnutrition on children, and how medically fragile Gazans who could be saved by appropriate medical intervention are being denied treatment outside Gaza.
But of course, FM Livni, these are precisely the outcomes the Israeli government wants to see happen in
This slaughter will include children, women, and the medically infirm.
And I can guarantee you; this time, there will be cameras rolling, real footage of the carnage smuggled out, and the world will know precisely what the Israeli government has done in the name of its "security". The Israeli government will not be able to stop some of it getting out, in all its gory details, no matter how hard it tries.
This potential assault against
The UN was able to resume food distribution with the small number of admitted trucks, it won’t be able to maintain them for long. The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay condemned the blockade for denying 1.5 million Palestinian civilians of “their most basic human rights” and said it was a “direct contravention of international human rights and humanitarian law.”
Are things so horrendous in
The problem for
An association representing international news organizations is campaigning for an end to an unusual Israeli policy barring foreign reporters from entering
Fifteen Palestinian fishermen along with three internationals have been kidnapped in Palestinian waters by the Israeli Navy. They were fishing seven miles off the coast of Deir Al Balah, clearly in
The fishermen and the human right's observers were transferred from 3 separate boats to the Israeli warships. Other Palestinian fishermen reported that the 3 boats were seen being taken north by the Israeli Navy.
The UN's top human rights official has said
"What's a UN?" --
United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding
1. Resolution 42: The Palestine Question (5 March 1948) Requests recommendations for the Palestine Commission
2. Resolution 43: The Palestine Question (1 Apr 1948) Recognizes "increasing violence and disorder in Palestine" and requests that representatives of "the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the Arab Higher Committee" arrange, with the Security Council, "a truce between the Arab and Jewish Communities of Palestine...Calls upon Arab and Jewish armed groups in Palestine to cease acts of violence immediately."
3. Resolution 44: The Palestine Question (1 Apr 1948) Requests convocation of special session of the General Assembly
4. Resolution 46: The Palestine Question (17 Apr 1948) As the
5. Resolution 48: The
6. Resolution 49: The
7. Resolution 50: The
8. Resolution 53: The
9. Resolution 54: The
10. Resolution 56: The
11. Resolution 57: The
12. Resolution 59: The
13. Resolution 60: The
14. Resolution 61: The
15. Resolution 62: The
16. Resolution 66: The
17. Resolution 72: The
18. Resolution 73: The
19. Resolution 89 (17 November 1950): regarding Armistice in 1948 Arab-Israeli War and "transfer of persons".
20. Resolution 92: The
21. Resolution 93: The
22. Resolution 95: The
23. Resolution 100: The
24. Resolution 101: The
25. Resolution 106: The Palestine Question (29 Mar 1955) 'condemns'
26. Resolution 107: The
27. Resolution 108: The
28. Resolution 111: " ... 'condemns'
29. Resolution 127: " ... 'recommends'
30. Resolution 162: " ... 'urges'
31. Resolution 171: " ... determines flagrant violations' by
32. Resolution 228: " ... 'censures'
33. Resolution 237: " ... 'urges'
34. Resolution 242 (November 22, 1967): Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area. Calls on
35. Resolution 248: " ... 'condemns'
36. Resolution 250: " ... 'calls' on
37. Resolution 251: " ... 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in
38. Resolution 252: " ... 'declares invalid'
39. Resolution 256: " ... 'condemns' Israeli raids on
40. Resolution 259: " ... 'deplores'
41. Resolution 262: " ... 'condemns'
42. Resolution 265: " ... 'condemns'
43. Resolution 267: " ... 'censures'
44. Resolution 270: " ... 'condemns'
45. Resolution 271: " ... 'condemns'
46. Resolution 279: " ... 'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from
47. Resolution 280: " ... 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against
48. Resolution 285: " ... 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form
49. Resolution 298: " ... 'deplores'
50. Resolution 313: " ... 'demands' that
51. Resolution 316: " ... 'condemns'
52. Resolution 317: " ... 'deplores'
53. Resolution 332: " ... 'condemns'
54. Resolution 337: " ... 'condemns'
55. Resolution 338 (22 October 1973): cease fire in Yom Kippur War
56. Resolution 339 (23 October 1973): Confirms Res. 338, dispatch UN observers.
57. Resolution 347: " ... 'condemns' Israeli attacks on
58. Resolution 3379: "...'establishes' Zionism as a form of racism and racial discrimination". Repealed by Resolution 46|86.
59. Resolution 425 (1978): " ... 'calls' on
60. Resolution 350 (31 May 1974) established the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force, to monitor the ceasefire
61. Resolution 427: " ... 'calls' on
62. Resolution 444: " ... 'deplores'
63. Resolution 446 (1979): 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious obstruction' to peace and calls on
64. Resolution 450: " ... 'calls' on
65. Resolution 452: " ... 'calls' on
66. Resolution 465: " ... 'deplores'
67. Resolution 467: " ... 'strongly deplores'
68. Resolution 468: " ... 'calls' on
69. Resolution 469: " ... 'strongly deplores'
70. Resolution 471: " ... 'expresses deep concern' at
71. Resolution 476: " ... 'reiterates' that
72. Resolution 478 (20 August 1980): 'censures (
73. Resolution 484: " ... 'declares it imperative' that
74. Resolution 487: " ... 'strongly condemns'
75. Resolution 497 (17 December 1981) decides that
76. Resolution 498: " ... 'calls' on
77. Resolution 501: " ... 'calls' on
78. Resolution 508:
79. Resolution 509: " ... 'demands' that
80. Resolution 515: " ... 'demands' that
81. Resolution 517: " ... 'censures'
82. Resolution 518: " ... 'demands' that
83. Resolution 520: " ... 'condemns'
84. Resolution 573: " ... 'condemns'
85. Resolution 587 " ... 'takes note' of previous calls on
86. Resolution 592: " ... 'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students at
87. Resolution 605: " ... 'strongly deplores'
88. Resolution 607: " ... 'calls' on
89. Resolution 608: " ... 'deeply regrets' that
90. Resolution 636: " ... 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
91. Resolution 641: " ... 'deplores'
92. Resolution 672: " ... 'condemns'
93. Resolution 673: " ... 'deplores'
94. Resolution 681: " ... 'deplores'
95. Resolution 694: " ... 'deplores'
96. Resolution 726: " ... 'strongly condemns'
97. Resolution 799: ". . . 'strongly condemns'
98. Resolution 1559 (2 September 2004) called upon
99. Resolution 1583 (28 January 2005) calls on
100. Resolution 1648 (21 December 2005) renewed the mandate of United Nations Disengagement Observer Force until 30 June 2006.
101. Resolution 1701 (11 August 2006) called for the full cessation of hostilities between
A boat loaded with humanitarian aid has left
Let's hope these folks make it through without an incident.
And a short note to the Israeli government: you are risking a monumental PR fiasco if one of these people gets hurt, or if these humanitarian supplies don't get through.
The company asked the bank in March for money in 1,299 accounts belonging to Holocaust victims, totaling some
So, the bank got to use the money belonging to holocaust victims, loan it out at interest, but when they are finally forced to return that money to the heirs of the victims, the bank claims that since the original holocaust victims could not be paid the accumulated interest, then their heirs should not be allowed to collect the additional monies either!
Weather conditions across
... one week before the start of the Australian SUMMER!