Les Tasers continuent de tuer
Mine de rien, les Tasers continuent de tuer régulièrement. S'il s'agissait de fusils conventionnels, il n'y a pas de doute qu'il y aurait scandale et on demanderait à ce que des enquêtes officielles soient ouvertes, mais étant donné que l'on tue avec des fusils à décharge électrique, tous semble invisible. La GRC a admis avoir menti dans le cas de Robert Dziekanski, le Polonais qui fut descendu avec cinq coups de Taser à l'aéroport international de Vancouver.
Les agents de la GRC ne pouvait pas expliquer leur conduite choquante alors ils quatre d'entre eux ont simplement fabriqué une histoire pour les absoudre. Ce qu'ils ne savaient pas, c'est que des gens avaient filmé l'incident!
Vous trouverez une liste des victimes au Canada et aux États-Unis qui ont perdu la vie suite à l'électrocution par Taser. Une série d'articles attestent aussi de la gravité de la situation. N'oublions pas que même l'ONU a classé les Tasers comme arme de torture.
Four Mounties "collaborated to fabricate" their story to justify their conduct when Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski died while in their custody, a lawyer told a public inquiry yesterday.
A senior RCMP officer issued a surprise apology Tuesday after a former Mountie spokesman said that he provided inaccurate information about the death of a Polish immigrant at the
Robert Dziekanski died in October 2007 after being Tasered five times by RCMPofficers.
A web site that keeps track of Taser-related deaths:
- See also the CBC's new database: Taser-related deaths in Canada, 2003-present
- 1. Terry Hanna, 51 –
- April 19, 2003 - RCMP - X26 Burnaby, BC
- 2. Clayton Willey, 33 –
- July 22, 2003 - RCMP - X26 - "Official" cause of death: drug overdose Prince George, BC
- 3. Clark Whitehouse, 34 –
- September 2003 - RCMP - X26 Whitehorse, YK
- 4. Ronald Perry, 28 –
- March 23, 2004 - X26 Edmonton, AB
- 5. Roman Andreichikov, 25 – Vancouver, BC - May 1, 2004 - X26
- 6. Peter Lamonday, 33 –
, ON - May 13, 2004 - X26 London
- 7. Robert Bagnell, 44 –
- June 23, 2004 - X26 - "Official" cause of death: "restraint-associated cardiac arrest" due to acute cocaine intoxication and psychosis Vancouver, BC
- 8. Jerry Knight, 29 –
- July 17, 2004 - X26 - "Official" cause of death: “restraint asphyxia” with cocaine-related excited delirium Mississauga, ON
- 9. Samuel Truscott, 43 –
- August 8, 2004 - X26 - "Official" cause of death: drug overdose (Coroner Jim Cairns) Kingston, ON
- 10. Kevin Geldart, 34 –
- May 5, 2005 - RCMP - "Official" cause of death: excited delirium with contributing factors including repeated shocks with a taser and pepper spray Moncton, NB
- 11. Gurmeet Sandhu, 41 –
Surrey, BC - June 30, 2005 - RCMP
- 12. James Foldi, 39 –
- July 1, 2005 - Niagara Regional Police, X26 - tasered 12 times Beamsville, ON
- 13. Paul Saulnier, 42 – Digby, NS - July 15, 2005 - RCMP - tasered 1 time with dart, multiple times with touch stun - "Official" cause of death: heart attack brought on by excited delirium, linked to his paranoid schizophrenia (Medical Examiner Dr. Matthew Bowes) (Ontario Coroner Jim Cairns reviewed the case and concluded that the taser played no role in Saulnier's death)
- 14. Alesandro Fiacco, 33 – Edmonton, AB - December 24, 2005 - tasered 3 times - "Official" cause of death: "acute cocaine toxicity," and "a complete lack of evidence" the Taser contributed to his death (Coroner Dr. Graham Dowling)
- 15. Jason Doan, 28 –
- August 30, 2006 - RCMP - tasered 3 times in 38 seconds - "Official" cause of death: excited delirium, heart failure and undetermined causes Red Deer, AB
- ?? James Barber, 25,
- January 2007 Ottawa, ON
- 16. Claudio Castagnetta, 32 -
- September 20, 2007 - tasered 5 times - "Official" cause of death: accidental severe cerebral edema (Coroner Dr. Jean Brochu) Quebec City, QC
- 17. Robert Dziekanski, 40 -
- October 14, 2007 - RCMP - tasered 5 times - taser was a contributing factor Vancouver, BC
- 18. Quilem Registre, 39 -
- October 17, 2007 - X26 - tasered 6 times - "Official" cause of death: Necrosis of the liver, small intenstine and colon with contributing factors of 60mg/100 ml blood alcohol level and non quantified level of metabolite cocaine Montreal, QC
- 19. Howard Hyde, 45 -
- November 22, 2007 - tasered 2 times - "Official" cause of death: "Excited delirium" due to paranoid schizophrenia, with contributing factors of Coronary artery disease, obesity and restraint Halifax, NS
- 20. Robert Knipstrom, 36 -
- November 24, 2007 - RCMP - # of times tasered: "no comment" from RCMP Chilliwack, BC
- 21. Jeffrey Marreel, 36 -
- June 23, 2008 - OPP - # of times tasered: "no comment" from SIU Norfolk, Ontario
- 22. Michael Langan, 17,
- July 22, 2008 - tasered 1 time Winnipeg, MB
- 23. Sean Reilly, 42 - Brampton, ON - September 17, 2008 - X26 - tasered 2 times
- 24. Frank Frachette, 49 -
- September 30, 2008 - RCMP - # of times tasered: "no comment" from RCMP Langley, BC
- 25. Trevor Grimolfson, 38 -
- October 29, 2008, X26 - tasered 2 times - "Official" cause of death: excited delirium brought on by drugs Edmonton, AB
- 26. Gordon Walker Bowe, 30,
- November 2, 2008 - tasered 1 time Calgary, AB
Police are to be armed with 10,000 Taser stun guns as part of a drive to tackle violent crime.
Amnesty International said on Tuesday in a recent report that 334 people died in the
“after he was tased and handcuffed, one officer used a football-type kick and stomped him in the head.”
Luckily for a driver who went into severe diabetic shock last month in
But not before they tasered and handcuffed him.
The family of an 89-year-old man shot with a Taser stun gun by police yesterday spoke of their anger at his treatment.
Officers fired the 50,000-volt weapon at the war veteran after he disappeared from his care home and threatened to cut his throat with a piece of broken glass.
He is the oldest man to have had a Taser used on him.
Police said they had taken the decision to stun him for his own safety.
But yesterday relatives demanded an inquiry saying it was amazing that he hadn't suffered a heart attack.
A neighbor had a car accident a couple days ago and when I went down to pick him up and bring him back home I had a chance to study the taser system up close on the Hawaii Police Officer.
The holster is on the LEFT SIDE, drawn cross hand style (i.e. the right arm crosses the body to draw the weapon, which is holstered with the handle forward) which makes it impossible to confuse with the service sidearm worn normally on the right side.
I do not know for a fact that BART uses the left side holster for their tasers, but it is something to look into.
Last week, a 16-year-old
A web site that keeps track of Taser-related deaths:
A man in the northern
The woman said she saw one officer stomp on Mr. Thomas's upper back, holding his foot there while the subject lay on the sidewalk with his head hanging over the curb. Another officer "reared back and punched him in the head with all his might," she said.
A mentally ill man died after
Relatives of a Detroit high school student who died Friday after Warren Police zapped him with a Taser are vowing legal action against the city and have joined forces with an anti-police brutality group to speak out against the devices.
Taser: Police brutality with all the modern improvements.
A 14-year-old boy who suffered brain damage after being tasered by Chicago Police would receive $175,000, under a settlement advanced Monday by a City Council committee.
I know that sounds like a lot of money, but given the present economy and medical costs, it isn't.
The officers were at a training seminar in November 2003 to learn how to use the newest weapon on their belts, a device the manufacturer claimed would incapacitate a person but not do permanent harm. You can’t really comprehend the Taser, students were told, until you’re Tasered.